|Tour Description :
– Pick up from hotel.- Visit to Wat Traimitr (Temple of the Golden Buddha) this is the world’s largest solid gold Buddha, cast about nine centuries ago. The image is three meters high and weighs five and half tons. – Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha) was built in late Ayutthaya period (about 17th Century) and has been restored during Rattanakosin period. It is Bangkok’s oldest and largest temple. The gigantic gold plated reclining Buddha with inlaid mother-of-pearl soles is highly revered among Buddhists. This is the temple containing the most number of stupas in Bangkok and it is considered as the private temple of King Rama I.
– Cross Chao Phraya River by boat to visit Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn). This temple was built in late Ayutthaya period (about 17th Century). The most attractive in this temple is the prang Khmer – style. Wat arun was restored during brief Thonburi period to be the Royal Chapel of King Taksin. This prang is 67 meters height, the highest prang in Thailand. It’s also considered as the peak evolution of prang in Thailand. Relic of the Lord Buddha was enshrined inside the prang. This is the temple containing the most number of ballasts in Thailand and it is considered as the private temple of King Rama II. – Lunch at restaurant
– Visit Royal Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha : This city landmark should be the first place on any visitor’s itinerary, which features some of the most spectacular architecture in South East Asia. Royal Grand Palace was built in 1782 and it took 3 years to complete. It is a consisting of several buildings with highly decorated architectural designs. The hightlights of Royal Grand Palace are Dusit Maha Prasat Hall, Chakri Maha Phasat Hall, Amarindra Winichai Hall.
– Wat Phra Kaeo (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) The magnificent Royal Chapel, Wat Phra Kaeo in the same compound enshrines the Emerald Buddha Image, the most revered Buddha Image which was found in 1434 in Chiang Rai according to the northern chronical. The hightlights of Temple of the Emerald Buddha are Emerald Buddha (Late Lanna Style of Art), Chapel, Phra Sriratana Chedi, Phra Mondop, The Royal Pantheon, the Gallery depicting the story of Ramakien (Thai version of Indian Ramayana epic).
– Wat Benchamabophit (Marble Temple) the main building was constructed during the reign of King Rama V, mixtured with various kinds of art such as Thai, Khmer, Chinese and European influence. This is the best white
marble quality in the world, from Carara (Italy). Its interior is magnificently decorated with cross beams of lacquer and gold this is “the perfect architecture of Thai art”. Inside the chapel enshrine Phraputachinarath Buddha Image, the first replica Buddha Image from Wat Phrasrirattanamahathat , Phitsanulok Province. A large collection of bronze Buddha images (from native and another countries) enshrine in the gallery.
– Vimanmek Royal Mansion : (Castle in the Clouds) this is the world’s largest building made entirely of golden teakwood. Removed from Srichang Island in Chonburi province, it was rebuilt in the Dusit Palace in 1900 by the command of King Rama V. Nowadays, Vimanmek Royal Mansion is also served as the exhibition hall for private collection of King Rama V and the track of World War II can be found here.
– At the end of tour will be visit to local product store
Remark : Please do not were short, sandals, no-sleeves T-shirts. Camera may not be used inside the buildings.