|EBB 34 : Chao Phraya Rice Barge Cruise (Ayudhaya – Bangkok : 2 days/1 night)
Thursday departure (Minimum 2 persons)
|Rate : Baht 6,300 per person / Validity from Now – 31 Oct 08
Pickup Time : 07:00 – 07:30
| A unique opportunity to explore Thailand’s rural heartland along the Chao Phraya River on board a traditional teak rice barge. Leave Bangkok behind as the river weaves through the Central Plains and discover a region of Thailand that is rarely visited by tourists
.• Chao Phraya Rice Barge Cruise – River Map
Thanatharee Rice Barge
Our barge, named “Thanatharee” or Treasure on the Water, is 21.1 metres in length and 5.9 metres in width. It provides simple but comfortable air-conditioned multi-share accommodation with on-board shower and toilets. The maximum capacity is 12 passengers.
The spacious upper deck has ample room to relax, enjoy a refreshing drink, read, play games or just watch the world drifting gently by. There is also a sun deck for anyone wanting to work on their tans. Meals will be served on board, and everyone is welcome to help in the cooking and learn something about the art of Thai cooking. One may also accompany the cook to the local market and shops for the day’s ingredients.
|Day 1 : Thursday, Ayudhaya – Maenam Noi (-/L/D)
At 13.30 hrs. board the Thanatharee at Ayudhaya railway station pier and cruise to the Portuguese village, where some remains of ancient San Petro Church and antique artifacts were excavated. After a short visit, set off by bicycle to visit a Muslim village and see the mosque, see anchors and other items from ancient junks at Wat Kai Tia and see how a typical Thai house is built. Rejoin the barge at Ban Kling village and continue the cruise to Wat
Nivet Dhamma Prawat, a Buddhist monastery built by King Rama V in gothic architectural style. Head to the unspoiled Mae Nam Noi, a small branch of the main Chao Phraya River. Overnight at Wat Singh. Dinner on board.
|Day 2 : Friday, Maenam Noi – Samkok – Ko Kred – Bangkok (B/L/-)Time for breakfast and the opportunity to give food to the monks on their morning alms round, Cruise along Maenam Noi and back to the main Chao Phraya River and make a short stop at Wat Pailom, well known as a winter nesting ground of the Asian Openbill Stork which migrates from Northern India and Siberia.Afterwards depart for Pathum Thani with lunch on board. Arrive at the lively Pathum Thani market where varieties of fresh meats, vegetables and various local goods are sold. Continue the cruise to Ko Kred, an island in the middle of the Chao Phraya River. Explore the Mon pottery-making village on the island. Rejoin the barge and cruise to Bangkok. Disembark at Pinklao Pier at approximately 17.00 hrs. and transfer to Bangkok Hotel (city area). End of services.
|Remark : – A transfer from Bangkok to Ayudhaya on Day 1 can be arranged for a supplementary charge.
– During the months, normally, around September-November it may not be possible to use the Mae Nam Noi in which case the itinerary will follow the main Chao Phraya River.
– Itinerary of the barge portion is only a guideline and is subject to change without prior notice due to tide of the river and local conditions, but the same concept is well maintained.
– Guarantee departure Year round for a minimum of 2 persons and a maximum of 12 persons.
– Thursday departure, Ayudhaya – Bangkok- Departs Ayudhaya at 13.30, terminates in Bangkok at 17.00, approximately.- In case of cancellation :
- 8-14 days prior to departure date : charge 30% of total amount
- 1-7 days prior to departure date : charge 50% of total amount
- No Show : Non-refundable
Charge for children :
– 50% of tour rate when joining the tour with 2 paying adults. (Applicable for children aged less than 10 years, except where otherwise stated.)
Services included in the price :
– Pick-up service from Pinklao Pier to Bangkok Hotel (city area) (minimum 2 persons)
– On board Thanatharee : The barge provides air-conditioned multi-share accommodation for a maximum of 12 persons, the bedroom area being divided into two sections by a curtain. One common bathroom and one toilet are located on the main deck, a second toilet is on the upper deck. Please bring your own personnel toiletries (towel and soap are provided).
– Full board during the cruise
– All services and activities described in the itineraries
– English-speaking assistance
– 7% Value added tax.
Services not included in the price :
– Soft drinks (except water) and alcoholic beverages
– Meals not mentioned in the above itinerary
– Tips for the crew
– Personal expenses
– – – Terms & Conditions – – –
– Any purchase made through the website, bookings have to be made in advance
– Full prepayment is required either by credit card (Visa, Master, JCB) or bank transfer
Cancellation Policy :
– If written notification of cancellation (by email or facsimile) received after payment has been done or 1 working
day (Not including Sat, Sun & Public Holiday) prior to departure, there will be no cancellation charge except credit card processing fee
– In case of No Show : non-refundable